We advise you to solve all the questions concerning the drawing up of the entry and departure documents in advance while planning your trip. Check the availability of valid passport and visa/other permit to enter the destination country. Check-in is performed only provided all these documents.
A private visit abroad for under-age children is available with the permit got from both of parents. A departure for treatment, rendering health consultation is available with the permit from one of the parents. For further information, please, apply to the passport office according to your place of residence.
In advance, look through the customs registration rules concerning goods, the carriage of excess and oversized baggage, animals and plants.
Remember! USUALLY CHECK-IN FOR A FLIGHT FINISHES 40 MINUTES BEFORE THE TAKING-OFF TIME INDICATED IN YOUR TICKET. WE HIGHLY RECOMMEND YOU WHEN BOOKING AND PURCHASING AN AIRLINE TICKET PLEASE CHECK THE CHECK-IN TIME LIMIT WITH THE AUTHORIZED PERSONNEL OF THE AIRLINE CHOSEN BY YOU. For example, ON FLIGHTS OPERATED BY ETIHAD AIRWAYS CHECK-IN STARTS 3 HOURS BEFORE DEPARTURE TIME AND ENDS 1 HOUR BEFORE DEPARTURE FOR ECONOMY CLASS PASSENGERS AND 45 MINUTES FOR BUSINESS CLASS PASSENGERS.
If you have any questions while you are at the airport you can apply for help to an information agent using a “Radio information” devices hung up all over the airport or by phone (+375 17) 279 13 00, (+375 17) 279 17 30.
“Galet” baggage handling system with special transportation requirements is used at Minsk National Airport. Suitcases with rollers are to be transported only in lateral position. When registrating your baggage you are forbidden to put on the conveyor belt the following things:
– items that can roll up such as balls, tubes, round bags;
– excessively soft or unstable items such as plastic bags;
– fragile items such as electronic devices, glass;
– metal trolleys for bags;
– bags with long dangled straps (long straps should be taken off and short straps should be tied together).
Baggage mustn’t have tags and barcode from the previous flights.
Boarding the plane please follow all the instructions of a transportation agent in order to avoid accidents.
Please, read attentively the information for passengers.
The obligatory medical insurance for foreign citizens and persons without citizenship who are temporary in Belarus is in force. This includes the first medical aid by the state medical establishments in case of unexpected illness or accident.
Only the insurance policies of the Belarusian insurance companies are valid in Belarus. You can purchase the obligatory medical insurance policy at the insurance companies’ representatives in the arrival halls of the airport.
The airport has “red” & “green” corridors system for declaring personal goods at customs. This allows individuals crossing the border to choose themselves between the red (involves declaring personal goods in writing) and the green corridor.
We wish to draw your attention to the fact that it is only allowed to move cash and travel cheques undeclared for a total sum not exceeding 10000 USD across the customs border. Cash and travel cheques exceeding the mentioned sum shall be declared in writing and moved though the “red” corridor.
To know more about moving personal goods, cash, travel cheques, monetary instruments etc., please visit:
- The official website for Eurasian Economic Commission, www.eurasiancommission.org;
- The official website for the State Customs Committee of the Republic of Belarus, www.customs.gov.by, in the sections
§ “Green” Channel (“Green” Corridor);
§ “Red” Channel (“Red” Corridor);
|Postal address:||National Airport Minsk, 220054, Minsk|
|Duty officer:||+375 17 219 40 10 (24h)|
|Hotline:||+375 17 219 40 19 (24h)|
|Visiting hours schedule and the book of complaints and suggestions can be found at the Customs operations desk (the 5th floor of the air terminal complex on the side of Gate 1).|
STATE CUSTOMS COMMITTEE
45/1 Mogilyovskaya str., 220007, Мinsk
+375 17 218 90 00 (24h)
+375 17 218 92 92 (24h)
+375 17 218 91 95 (Mon-Fri, 9.00-18.00)
The check-in for flights to Russia takes place at Gate 2, international flights are served at Gate 3, 4, 5, 6. All the departure gates are on the 2nd floor of Minsk National Airport air terminal complex.
If you fly with an E-ticket and paper ticket as well you can check in for the flight at the registration desk. To check in with the E-ticket at the airport you should have your valid passport only.
There is no need to have your flight confirmation to check in for a flight.
NOTE! If you fly abroad you’ll need your flight confirmation during the passport control to confirm the availability of a return ticket or your further route. You’d better print it out and have it with you as the confirmation may be requested by aviation security staff at the airport.
USUALLY CHECK-IN FOR A FLIGHT FINISHES 40 MINUTES BEFORE THE TAKING-OFF TIME INDICATED IN YOUR TICKET. WE HIGHLY RECOMMEND YOU WHEN BOOKING AND PURCHASING AN AIRLINE TICKET PLEASE CHECK THE CHECK-IN TIME LIMIT WITH THE AUTHORIZED PERSONNEL OF THE AIRLINE CHOSEN BY YOU. For example, ON FLIGHTS OPERATED BY ETIHAD AIRWAYS CHECK-IN STARTS 3 HOURS BEFORE DEPARTURE TIME AND ENDS 1 HOUR BEFORE DEPARTURE FOR ECONOMY CLASS PASSENGERS AND 45 MINUTES FOR BUSINESS CLASS PASSENGERS.
During the check-in a passenger shows his passport and gets a boarding pass where he can find the duplicated details of the ticket as well as the gate number, boarding time, seat, class.
If you’re late for your flight address to the airline booking-office situated in the airport complex.
When departing from Minsk National Airport we recommend you to be aware of the baggage carriage rules. Special requirements are applied to excess and oversized baggage as well as the transportation of animals and plants.
On arriving to Minsk National Airport check that you’ve got YOUR baggage. Check the number on the baggage tag with the number on the boarding pass in your ticket. Check your baggage for damage. If your baggage is not arrived or damaged you should address to the special service.
In all departure zones of the airport terminal of Minsk National Airport you may use baggage trolleys for FREE. In order to activate the baggage trolley you should push the handle down.
Mobile baggage wrapping counters are in front of check-in desks on the 2nd floor of the airport terminal.
Working hours – 24/7.
Price for wrapping is 50,000 BYR per unit (valid from the 1st of March, 2013).
Storage rooms are on the underground floor at gate 6 of the airport terminal.
Working hours – 24/7. Tel: (+375 17) 279 10 53.
Tariffs for the baggage storage at the storage rooms
|Up to 50 kg||5 800||2,70||2,25||77,43|
|From 50 kg up to 100 kg||6 500||3,02||2,52||86,77|
|Oversized baggage||8 000||3,72||3,10||106,80|
1. Cash payment is accepted in Belarusian rubles only.
2. The tariffs include VAT at the amount of 20 %.
3. The total amount of payment for provided services is charged in foreign currency and is rounded down to even (less than 0.5) and rounded up (more than 0.5).
If your baggage exceeds the standard set by the airline you need to pay extra payment at the airline booking-office according to the fixed tariff at the airline’s boking office.
You pay for exceeding the standard weight according to the rates set by the airline performing the transportation. You get a baggage paid receipt as a confirmation of payment.
The transportation of oversized baggage is paid for in accordance with its actual weight.
If you’re transporting animals or plants you are to pass through the veterinary or phyto control and become familiar with the requirements for transportation of such a kind of baggage in the sales office of your airline.
If your baggage hasn’t arrived or is damaged upon arrival, please, address to the baggage controller in the baggage claim area or to the agent of your airline.
For additional information apply to the baggage processing group by (+375 17) 279 17 52 and to your airline office.
When boarding the plane passengers pass through the passport control, customs control, security control. Then they pass to a clear (buffer) zone where they wait for the embarkation. If you’re transporting plants or animals you are to pass through phyto or veterinary control beforehand.
The documents according to which the departure from the Republic of Belarus and the arrival to the Republic of Belarus of the citizens of the Republic of Belarus is allowed are the following:
– diplomatic and service passports;
– passport of seaman;
– certificate for coming back to the Republic of Belarus (only for entry to the Republic of Belarus).
Please, keep your passport safe. Do not leave it in the suitcase, bus, hotel room or car. It’s better to keep the passport separately from your documents and money.
Before passing through the state border of the Republic of Belarus prepare your documents for customs, frontier or other kind of examination.
There is a system of green and red channels at the airport. This is a reduced system permitting individuals who cross the customs border to make a self-selection between the red channel with a customs declaring of goods for personal use and the green channel.
You are allowed to export cash and traveller’s cheques for an overall amount up to 10 000 USD outside the customs territory of the Customs Union without declaring it. Cash and traveller’s cheques which exceed specified sum must be declared and transferred through the red channel.
The additional information about:
– the transportation procedure of goods for personal use, cash money, traveller’s cheques, other cash instruments and others can be found on www.customs.gov.by;
– the Customs Legislation of the Customs Union of the Republic of Belarus, the Republic of Kazakhstan and the Russian Federation – on www.tsouz.ru.
|MINSK-2 CUSTOMS||STATE CUSTOMS COMMITTEE
of the REPUBLIC of BELARUS
|Postal address: Minsk National Airport, Minsk, Belarus, 220054
|Postal address: Mogilyovskaya str., 45/1, Мinsk, 220007
Work hours: Mon. – Fr. 900 – 1800 (lunch break: 1300 – 1400)
|Orderly officer (24/7):
(+375 17) 219 40 10.
|Orderly officer (24/7):
(+375 17) 218 90 00.
Hotline: (+375 17) 219 40 19 (24/7)
Visiting hours schedule and the book of comments and suggestions can be found at the customs operations desk (the 5th floor of the air terminal complex on the part of Gate 1).
Automated message box is located near the customs operations desk (the 5th floor of the air terminal complex on the part of Gate 1). There you can find additional information concerning with the customs activity.
(+375 17) 218 92 92 (24/7),
(+375 17) 218 91 95 (Mon.-Fr. 900 – 1800).
Please, don’t leave and valuables in identity documents which you show during customs clearance. Otherwise the fact of passing cash and valuables to the customs officer will be considered as the criminal offence which means bribery.
Paragraph 431 of the Criminal Code of the Republic of Belarus states: “Bribery is punished by corrective labour for a term of up to 2 years or by arrest for a term of 6 months, or by restraint of liberty for a term of up to 2 years, or by deprivation of liberty for a term of up to 5 years”.
The subdivision of customs inherent security is in operation for prevention, revelation and preclusion of infractions, which are committed by Minsk-2 customs officers.
If the activity of Minsk-2 customs officers towards you had an illegal character or you became a bystander of their improper activities, or you hold information about such an activity, you have a right of appealing to Minsk-2 subdivision of customs inherent security. We guarantee a full confidentiality.
Location: the 1st floor of the air terminal complex, room 218.
Contact (+375 17) 219 40 08.
In order to protect you during your flight you will be asked to pass the security control performed by Minsk National Airport aviation security service at the airport.
There is a double security control for passengers of international flights: baggage and hand luggage examination. The primary examination is performed before the customs control and check-in. The recurrent examination takes place after the frontier control.
Security control of passengers, their baggage and hand luggage is performed for the flights to the Russian Federation. The control takes place after the check-in.
Pay your attention to the list of items forbidden to be transported in the cabin of aircraft therefore in your hand luggage. There are special requirements for transported liquids.
ITEMS FORBIDDEN TO BE TRANSPORTED IN HAND LUGGAGE:
– toy or replica guns (plastic or metal), catapults;
– household cutlery – knives with blades (of any length), corkscrews, paper knives, razor blades;
– tradesman’s tools, drills, screwdrivers, hammers, pliers etc.;
– darts, sport bats, arrows, billiard cues;
– scissors (of any size), steel nail files;
– medical syringes (except of medical need);
– knitting needles;
– or any other article which the Security of Minsk Airport Authority consider might be used or could be applied for causing injury or incapacitation of a passenger.
On November 6, 2006, new security rules restricting the amount of liquids that you can take through security checkpoints came into effect at all airports in the EU and in Norway, Iceland and Switzerland. The rules apply to all passengers departing to EU whatever their destination. These measures mean that you and your hand luggage MUSTN’T HAVE THE FORBIDDEN ITEMS AND LIQUIDS:
– water and other drinks, soups, syrups;
– creams, lotions and oils;
– gels, including hair, body and shower gels;
– shaving foam and cream, deodorants;
– any other item of similar consistency.
You are allowed to carry a small amount of liquid in your hand luggage. The liquid should be individually packed. The volume of a pack shouldn’t exceed 100 ml. All the packs should be put in one transparent, re-sealable plastic bag. The total volume of the bag shouldn’t exceed 1 litre per person.
Baby carriages, wheeled chairs and auxiliary means of pacing are allowed for transportation after the examination.
ITEMS FORBIDDEN FOR TRANSPORTATION IN BAGGAGE:
– explosives-munitions, inluding detonators, fuses, grenades, mines;
– gases: propane, butane;
– flammable liquids including fuel, methanol;
– flammable solids and reactive substances including magnesium, fireworks and flares;
– oxidising and organic peroxides;
– maintenance kits for bodywork;
– poisonous or infectious substances such as ratsbane, infected blood;
– radioactive materials including medicinal and commercial isotopes;
– corrosives such as mercury, accumulators of transport facilities;
– fuel delivery system components of transport facilities which contained fuel.
To simplify the examination, you must:
– present all liquids carried to the screeners at security checkpoints;
– take off your jacket and/or coat. They will be screened separately whilst you are screened;
– remove laptop and other electrical/electronic devices from your hand luggage. They will be screened separately whilst you are screened.
YOU ARE ALLOWED TO:
– pack liquids in bags that you check-in – the new rules only affect hand luggage;
– carry in your hand luggage medicines and dietary requirements, including baby foods, for use during the trip. You may be asked for proof that they are needed;
– buy liquids such as drinks and perfumes either in an EU airport shops located beyond the point where you show your boarding pass or on-board of an aircraft operated by an EU airline.
If goods are packed in a special sealed bag do not unpack them till the examination otherwise goods can be confiscated at a checkpoint (if you are a transfer passenger do not unpack the bag until the examination at transfer airports up to your final destination).
Please, be polite and cooperate with the security staff of the airport and airlines representatives.
In case of transporting animals to the countries of EU (excluding Great Britain, Malta, Ireland, Sweden) we recommend you to get the following documents:
– international passport;
– veterinary certificate (form № 6) handed by the major veterinary of the city or district.
The rules of importing animals to Great Britain, Malta, Ireland, Sweden considerably differ from the rules of transporting animals to other countries. When importing animals to these countries the test on having antibodies of rabies is required. This test isn’t performed in Belarus.
When transporting animals to other countries you must have the following documents:
– the International passport (not obligatory);
– veterinary certificate (form № 1) which is handed in your place of residence.
You should find out the detailed information about the transporting of animals in the airline office beforehand.
Location: on the 1st floor of the right wing of Minsk National Airport air terminal complex.
Contacts (24/7): (+375 17) 279 12 15, (+375 17) 279 16 90, (+375 29) 157 09 59.
In accordance with the Plant Quarantine Statute now in force in the Republic of Belarus, both tourists and the passengers coming to Belarus from other states are prohibited to import the following materials without phytosanitary certificate:
– seeds of cultivated and wild plants;
– living plants and their parts (cuttings, tubers, bulbs, rootstocks, roots, etc.);
– soil and plants with soil (seedlings, flowers in pots, sprouts, etc.);
– living insects, mites, nematodes and other plant pests;
– cultures of living fungi, bacteria, viruses – causal organisms of plant diseases;
– collections of insects, seeds and herbariums of different plants.
In case of presence of enumerated materials in hand luggage or baggage all tourists and passengers from international transport lines are obliged to show these materials to an inspector of the State Plant Quarantine Service at the border entry point and irrespective of the term or purpose of visit are to strictly comply with the directions of the inspector.
The exporting of plants from the Republic of Belarus is recommended in the presence of the phytosanitary certificate. In order to avoid problems while registrating plants in the airport please apply to the phytosanitary control service of Minsk National Airport in advance.
The phytosanitary control service is on the 1st floor in the right wing of the air terminal complex of Minsk National Airport.
Contacts (24/7): (+375 17) 279 17 72, (+375 29) 334 77 80.